Monday, July 21, 2014

hashtag 30 by 30.

so i was walking home from a workout class last week and managed to get caught up in thinking about my mortality. totally normal, right?

i guess it's started this summer. i started realizing how much faster time has started to go by (minus winter) and it kind of freaked me out. because let's be honest, this is really how i've really been prepping for 30:



so, i did some math and realized that i have just about 35 weeks until i hit the big three-o. i then did the incredibly trite thing of making a list of 30 things/activities i want to do to make the most of the last 6+ months of my twenties. my hashtag 30x30.

thus i am sharing the list below with a complimentary gif to add a little zest to your day. 

1. lose 30 pounds

2. learn 30 new gluten-free recipes 

3. workout at least 3 times a week every week until my next birthday


4. try a different kind of workout at least once a month


5. get back online dating and actually try (calm yourself, mother).

6. make a video of the nyc highlights for my grandpa who has never visited here.


7. visit new nyc neighborhoods that I never venture to

but probably not brooklyn.
8. re-read catcher in the rye

9. learn to do at least 5 real push-ups


10. take a random personal day to just do something that makes me happy


11. write real mail to relatives/friends that will appreciate it.


12. actually hang up artwork i own and make my apartment look more grownup


13. try and enjoy downward dog position.


14. save an extra $30 a month to use to splurge on my bday


15. complete a 30 day squat challenge


16. take a cooking/wine tasting/pairing course just for the fun of it


17. do a random act of kindness when people really need it


18. be irresponsible on a school night and enjoy every minute of it.


19. try surfing because it looks cool (spoiler alert - already doing this on saturday!)


20. give away/toss at least 30 items of clothing


21. spend at least an hour a week cleaning/decluttering my apartment


22. treat myself to a spa treatment just because


23. find a signature cocktail


24. spend way too much money on a cocktail just for the view


25. learn how to cook with dates (the fruit, not men, mother)

not going to lie, my fave gif so far.
26. see all the oscar nominated movies for 2015

27. watch the wire and see if it lives up to the hype

if only i knew what this meant.
28. learn how to put on liquid liner

29. get a tarot card/palm reading


30. blog about my adventures

not quite, other queen b. not quite.
i feel like i have a good balance of measurable general life improvements with some frivolous fun that should make the next 7 months one hell of a ride. i can't wait to tell you all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment