- my #birthweek: yes, i'm a brat who not only celebrates for a week, but also created a custom hashtag that i use for any and all events associated with it. i'm sure this is one of the reasons my friends secretly dislike me.
my excitement over cake last year. cake is ALWAYS exciting. photo cred: my dear platt
- st. patrick's day: the kickoff point for said #birthweek, i always enjoy any reason to celebrate my theoretical irish heritage. particularly if it includes drinking mass quantities of good beer. and occasionally doing
threea car bomb. i know it's amateur hour, but i can't help myself. basically.
- SPRING! while my girl elsa and i agree on many things,
obviously. elsa's no fool. LIES.
- cataversary: a year ago, i adopted my furball buddy and life has been great ever since.
i mean, look at that face. d
- march madness: weirdly enough, i wasn't super into college basketball always, despite my love of any and all things gators. but i've realized how exciting and fun it is, regardless of how good your team is. luckily, my team's been pretty good lately. especially this year. i can't wait to watch them dance their way to success.
please note the arms on young (#4). they are literally what my dreams are made of.
i feel like i'm heading into my last year of my twenties with a "woo!" instead of an "eek!" which is what i've been anticipating. the idea of aging is never an appealing one, but i'm choosing to embrace it instead of running from it this year. and maybe it'll truly become the #yearofbetsy that i've been working for.
|penny hartz: my spirit animal|
but then again, come see me when the big 3-0 is looming. i'll probably be slightly less cool about it.